Homes for Sale Kansas City Real Estate
Kansas City Real Estate 411 - Your local KC real estate resource guide
- Find Kansas City Homes for sale concentrating on Johnson County KS
- Receive Real Estate Market Guides including Home Values for Greater Kansas City and Johnson County
- Have access to an experienced real estate veteran who uses cutting edge technology, Ken Jansen REALTOR.
- If you find this website useful, please share it with your friends
Kansas City Homes
Houses in Kansas City can range from multiple million dollar homes to some unfortunate foreclosures. Kansas City Kansas proper, in Wyandotte County, is bounded on the south by Johnson County and her suburbs. As you look at the Kansas City housing market you will see that the larger houses tend to be more in the suburbs than downtown. Johnson County plays home to some of the best Kansas City properties. Bedroom communities such as Leawood and Mission Hills provide KC based corporate executives some outstanding housing choices with just a quick drive down Stateline road for a commute.
Kansas City Properties in the Million plus price range
Kansas City homes for sale in the Million plus bracket can range from farm acreage to well finished mansions on golf course homesite.
Houses for sale in Kansas City under a million dollars :)
Kansas City homes for sale over $900,000 tend to be in the following areas
A common question is which Kansas City are we talking about? There are two separate and distinct places with the name Kansas City: Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri. They are adjacent to each other. If you are just visiting the difference won't be too obvious. The police cars have different colors and gas is less expensive in MO. There is one major paper, the Kansas City Star, and most folks refer to the metro area simply as Kansas City.
Major parts of town you will want to know include Johnson County, the Northland and Jackson County East. If you hear a local talk about the "Northland" that means North of the River. "Out South" means generally Johnson County and how far "Out South" in Johnson County depends on how long you have lived in Kansas City or Johnson County.
My late great-uncle Lars moved to Kansas City in 1975 and 75th Street was "Out South in Johnson County" and College Boulevard was a dirt road where Johnson County Community College is located. Now College Boulevard is a major East West thoroughfare. New home construction goes right down to the Johnson County line with Miami County KS.
Metro Kansas City MO includes Kansas City, MO, Waldo, Liberty, Independence, Gladstone, Kearney, North Kansas City, Blue Springs, Lee's Summit, Raytown, Belton, Smithville, Excelsior Springs and Grandview
Metro Kansas City KS includes Johnson County, Wyandotte County, Overland Park Kansas, Leawood Kansas, Olathe Kansas, Shawnee Kansas (sometimes referred to as Shawnee Mission Kansas), Lenexa Kansas, Prairie Village Kansas, Mission Hills Kansas, Fairway Kansas, Merriam Kansas, Roeland Park Kansas, Gardner Kansas, Stilwell Kansas, Spring Hill Kansas and DeSoto Kansas
Johnson County Kansas school districts include Blue Valley, Olathe, Shawnee, Kansas City, DeSoto, Spring Hill, and Kansas City
Kansas City is known for Jazz, Barbeque, a strong High Tech community, and Google Fiber.
Kansas City REALTOR versus a Kansas City real estate agent
In any real estate transaction you need for someone to represent your interests. When you are buying and or selling a home in Kansas City you should be aware of some differences between real estate agents. A Kansas City REALTOR (again Kansas City here means Johnson County KS) is a real estate agent who has promised to uphold the REALTOR code of ethics and maintains a membership in good standing with the National Association of Realtors (NAR), the Kansas Association of REALTORS (KAR) , the Kansas Real Estate Commission (KREC) and the Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors (KCRAR). A Kansas City REALTOR can be a member of the KCRAR, but a Kansas City real estate agent who is not also a REALTOR cannot be. A Kansas City real estate agent means that person is licensed by the State of Kansas to conduct real estate transactions.
Kansas City REALTOR designations to look for CRS and/or ABR. CRS means a Certified Residential Specialist. What does it mean in practical terms? The REALTOR had to proven a level of experience and successful complete some education. ABR is Accredited Buyer Representative. This designation also requires verifiable experience and completing education.
Kansas City home values - supply versus demand
Kansas City home values are determined by supply and demand. Aren't you glad you paid attention in Economics 101? Kansas City has a nice steady supply of homes for sale. Kansas City has a strong and stable supply of residential home buyers too. Kansas City, and by Kansas City for this website I mean Johnson County KS, continues to expand South towards Miami county and West toward Douglas County. Kansas City home prices range from under $100,000 to the multiple $1,000,000+
Ken Jansen REALTOR Kansas City can help you
- Find Kansas City real estate listings
- Research current Kansas City home prices
- Determine Kansas City home values
- Llocate residential real estate listings in Kansas City
- Coordinate viewing houses for sale in Kansas City
- By being your advocate when buying or selling real estate in Kansas City Kansas
- Make inquiries regarding Kansas City properties for sale
- Set up an automatic search for Kansas City residential real estate
- With the complicated process of building a new home in Kansas City
Kansas City real estate absorption rate and Kansas City house values
- Supply vs demand - a higher supply of homes in Kansas City will lower the overall prices of housing in Kansas City. Just like everywhere else :)
- A balanced real estate market is typically quantified as around a 6 month supply of homes so think of the average range as 5.5 to 6.5 months supply of homes
- A six months supply of homes compares the absorption rate of how long, at the current rate of home buying and a fixed supply of homes, would it take to sell all the Kansas City homes on the market, assuming that all homes would sell and that no new homes were to come on the market. Absorption rate just measure the general level of supply and demand.
- When the supply of home is 7 month or more, actual sales prices will be lower than what the home sellers were likely expecting or hoping for. That is the market reality
- On the other hand, where there is shortage of homes for sale, prices tend to go up as home buyers have fewer to choose from and the price of the better homes increases
You might be relocating to Kansas City or Johnson County if you work for one of these international employers
- Aquila, Inc.
- AMC Entertainment
- American Century Investments
- Black & Veatch Corporation
- Burns & McDonnell Engineering
- Commerce Bancshares
- DST Systems, Inc.
- Embarq Corporation
- Great Plains Energy
- H&R Block
- Interstate Bakeries
- Kansas City Southern Industries
- Kansas City Life Insurance
- Russell Stover Candies
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon
- YRC Worldwide
Kansas City Sports teams include
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Kansas City Royals
- Kansas Speedway
- Sporting KC
- Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Tennis
KC Area Colleges
- Unversity of Kansas (KU) in Lawrence
- KU Regents Center in Overland Park
- University of Missouri - Kansas City
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- Avila University
- Baker University
- Devry University
- Johnson County Community College
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Park University
- William Jewell College